Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Shrub

Did I miss something, or did Bush last night compare himself and the morass in Iraq to Lincoln and the end to slavery, the Greatest Generation and WWII, and -- holy weeping angel puppies -- Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement?

What a knob.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure all of those people could pronounce "nuclear" correctly.

But my favorite bit comes from FOH (Friend of Hell) Dr. Gori, who quotes the Prez:

"A hopeful society has institutions of science and medicine that do not cut ethical corners, and that recognize the matchless value of every life. Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research: human cloning in all its forms, creating or implanting embryos for experiments, creating human-animal hybrids..." [emphasis and incredulous eye-rolling mine]

Well, damn. There goes the mermaid vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, what a knob!

Who advises this chucklehead?

I mean, can we really feel safe in a country whose leader thinks that a muumuu wearing Brando is making genetic soup?

Well he got the WMD thing wrong. Maybe he makes his policy by watching bad movies.