Sunday, September 18, 2005

TV Tempus Fugit

Ye gods, is it really the start of the fall TV season already? It seems like just yesterday that the Giants were losing their way through April, and here they are not making it into the postseason.

New shows I plan to check out:

  • PRISON BREAK - Off to a strong start but I'm dying to know how they pitched seasons 2 through n.
  • INVASION - Okay, so we're looking at LOST/X-FILES redux on all frequencies this season, but this one got an Entertainment Weekly stamp of approval.
  • MY NAME IS EARL - I don't much care for most sitcoms, but this one earned another EW stamp.

    Returning shows I'll pick up like unminded top-shelf Scotch:

  • VERONICA MARS
  • LOST - Yay JJ Abrams!
  • DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES - Yay Felicity Huffman!
  • CSI - Not Miami, not New York, not Perth freaking Amboy. Vegas, baby.
  • MEDIUM - Yay Patricia Arquette! The Andrews Sisters called, though, and they want their hair back.
  • COLD CASE
  • DEADWOOD - You were robbed, Swengen, you magnificent c*cksucker.

    On the bubble:

  • THRESHOLD - Impressed by the actors and performances. Not sold yet, though.
  • GILMORE GIRLS - Loved it the first few seasons, fell off the wagon, and now I feel like I'm missing something again.
  • ALIAS - Ditto.

    Shows that I didn't watch last season but I feel like I should but jeez I'm already watching way too much TV, obviously:

  • HOUSE - Caught the premiere. Good stuff. Hugh Laurie is excellent, but I can't look at him without picturing him in a powdered wig and satin bloomers crowing, "Bladders!"
  • GREY'S ANATOMY
  • THE OFFICE
  • HUFF
  • ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

    And that's not counting the full season of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA clogging up the DVR.

    What about you? What do you already have programmed into your TiVo? What's good that I'm not watching?
  • 1 comment:

    Scott the Reader said...

    Grey's Anatomy is actually really good. Try it out.

    I hope Ghost Whisperer tanks too, because the character is very much like one in a script I'm writing. Only if the show tanks, no one will want to make my movie. Fuck.

    I've been catching up on Amazing Race reruns on the Game Show Network, but seeing a new episode every day instead of every week is really spoiling me, and now I'll be impatient for the new series.